Sign the Petition on Fortune Minerals
SIGN THE PETITION IN SUPPORT OF PROTECTING THE SACRED HEADWATERS
Thank you so much for all your support and efforts to protect our land, waterways, environment and the many jobs and lifestyles people and the wildlife depend upon.
Fortune Minerals know they are in trouble with the overwhelming support for long-term protection of the Sacred Headwaters. The Outdoor Research Council cited it as the most endangered river in BC. Internationally, the acclaimed film-maker Edward Burtynsky showcased water issues around the world and used the Sacred Headwaters and Stikine as the example of one of the few places left where water hasn't been left toxic by industrial activity in his film Watermark, still in theatres.
However, we still need your support. It's up to us, the people of BC, the people who live in the Skeena, Stikine and Nass watersheds. Let the BC Government know that you will not stand for anything other than protection of the Sacred Headwaters. Please sign or share this petition.
Be Proactive! Take Action Now!! Email this link to 3 friends now!
PETITION: I support the Tahltan First Nation in permanently protecting the Sacred Headwaters from Industrial Development. I strongly urge Fortune Minerals and Atrum Coal to abandon their tenures for their proposed coal mines. I also strongly urge CN Rail to abandon it's plans for a railway into the Sacred Headwaters. I call upon the government of British Columbia to formally protect the Sacred Headwaters from all industrial development including the above mentioned companies.
This petition will be sent to:
- Hon. Christy Clarke, Premier of British Columbia
- Hon. Bill Bennet, Minister of Energy and Mines
- Hon. John Rustad, Minister of Aboriginal Relationships and Reconcilliation
- Robin Goad, President & CEO of Fortune Minerals Limited
- Karen Christie, Executive Project Director, Arctos Anthracite Project, Environment Assessment Office
- Troy Nazarewicz, Investor Relations Manager, Fortune Minerals Limited
- Claude Mongeau, President & CEO, Canadian National Railway Company
Thank you so much for taking the time to sign the petition!
We need engaged people like you RIGHT now more than ever!
Here are the OTHER things you can do to support SWCC and the Tahltan in permanently protecting the Sacred Headwaters - birthplace of the Stikine, Skeena and Nass watersheds, 3 of our greatest wild salmon rivers!!
2) Donate to SWCC to help support the permanent protection of the Sacred Headwaters.
Your interest and support for a sustainable Skeena Watershed will keep our rivers thriving for generations to come!